Due to commercial expansion and increased client acquisition, Proximie are now looking to recruit an Associate Account Manager for sales and account management to medical device and hospitals. This is a critical position within the organization and will be responsible for delivering account management, case expansion, expanding current revenue opportunities, account engagement and case support.
Proximie is looking for dynamic, resilient individuals who want to make a material difference to our global mission of making surgery safer and better for all patients and want to take the opportunity of working within a digital health technology startup. The role will combine the focus of delivering results as well as the liberating joy of working in a dynamic, fast paced and innovative environment. This role reports to the Senior Director and the VP of Sales.
- The Associate Account Manager Position: Serves as a potential path to a KAM (Key Account Manager) role at Proximie
- Responsible for supporting the Key Account Manager & Commercial Division in the US region
- Assist in planning and implementing tactical and strategic plans and objectives, to meet regional goals
- Helps to implement and execute launch strategies developed by the Sales and Marketing organization
- Become an expert in the Proximie platform portfolio and provide product introductions by conducting in-services for customers, while coordinating with Case Managers & KAM
- Completes a thorough analysis of the territory and identifies key target accounts. Generates and follow-up on sales leads
- Recommends changes in Proximie platform technology, services, and policy by evaluating results and competitive developments in order to expand the company’s business
- Monitors competition by gathering current marketplace information on pricing, existing and new products, delivery schedules, merchandising techniques, and uses this information to differentiate Proximie’s platform from those of its competitors
- On a daily basis, builds relationships with multiple customers within an account and, based upon knowledge of the customer’s needs, tailors promotional message to best disseminate information regarding new products, product selection, supply/inventory, product functionality and updates, proper use and maintenance of Proximie platform
- Resolves customer complaints and questions by investigating problems, developing solutions, preparing reports, and making recommendations to manager
- Supports market development efforts to increase the number of customers available to receive our treatment
- Supports activities related to driving utilization
- Maintains and increases professional and technical knowledge by on-the-job training, attending company workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, and participating in professional societies
- Ensures appropriate communication processes are established within and across functional groups for system effectiveness
- Works in accordance with Proximie’s mission, values, policies, & procedures
- This role will include 50-60% travel using extended stays in a field-based region to build strong and lasting customer relationships
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 0-2 years general sales and/or OR experience preferred
- Experience working in a team environment, particularly with sales and hospital professionals
- The ability to work in an operating room environment is required
- Strong interpersonal, oral, communication, organizational and planning skills
- Good judgment and maturity
- Ability to travel 50- 60%, including overnight travel
- Must be able to meet and maintain customer/medical facility access requirements
- Proficient and competent in Microsoft Office products (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, etc) as well as iOS applications.
- Understand a needs analysis approach to sales, the product buyer concept
- Demonstrated ability to discuss the various platforms and products in relation to utilization increase.
- Proven ability to build positive relationships with Internal Customers – Sales Training, Marketing, National Accounts, Customer Service, Contracts, Field Sales Team and Surgeons, Physicians, Nurses, and Sourcing