You will report to the Director of Cloud Infrastructure Engineering and have responsibility for all aspects of Proximie’s infrastructure services. These services and the team that deliver them are critical to all platform capabilities and support the complete development cycle for all Proximie products and services.
We’re open to candidates who are passionate about technology and excited by Proximie’s mission. If you do not meet all of the below and believe you can make a difference at Proximie please still get in touch.
The role is to provide leadership into all aspects of engineering at Proximie. This will mostly span software engineering, but also includes the interface between software and hardware at Proximie. The successful candidate will be an expert in the domain of quality engineering, will lead by example within a coaching and supportive leadership style, and will work to ensure consistency of outcome throughout the product development lifecycle from work intake through to achieving the highest standards of operational readiness.
REQUIREMENTS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Driving forward our cloud native hosting environments with continual improvements to performance, reliability, scalability, data availability and security.
- Designing and delivering infrastructure and automation solutions to the functional and non-functional requirements of product delivery teams.
- Working with your team to design and deliver highly-secure, multicloud, web-scale media streaming architecture and infrastructure,
- Creating the tooling necessary to test, diagnose and fix issues in production and development environments.
- Set up, configure, and monitor continuous integration, delivery and deployment pipelines.
- Design, implement and refine the monitoring and telemetry necessary to continuously improve the efficiency and performance of complex, distributed systems.
- After your onboarding and training period, you will be expected to participate in an on-call rotation to provide delivery escalation and incident management support.
- BSc Computer Science or comparable
- Deep technical expertise, creativity and a passion for creating resilient solutions for mission-critical applications.
- 5+ years’ experience developing, deploying and maintaining robust, web-scale infrastructure in an enterprise production environment
- Similarly developed skills with containers and tooling (Docker, Kubernetes)
- 2+ years’ experience implementing Infrastructure as Code, ideally working with Terraform and the Hashicorp toolchain.
- Strong knowledge of network topologies and troubleshooting including LAN/WAN, Routers, Firewalls, Switches, TCP/IP (IPv4), and DNS.
- Strong experience in implementing and using performance, alerting, and monitoring tooling such as DataDog, New Relic, LightStep or comparable.
- Experience across AWS products such as API Gateway, VPC, CloudFront, S3, Lambda, CloudWatch, EC2, ALB/NLB, and/or their Azure equivalents.
- Certification from a major cloud provider, ideally AWS Certified Solutions Architect (Associate or higher)
- Experience of working in a NOC, preferably in a SaaS environment
- Experience in setting up continuous integration and continuous deployment tools and pipelines such as GitHub Actions, CircleCI or comparable
- Experience with streaming technologies such as WebRTC, HLS/DASH, STUN/TURN , SIP
- Experience in creating systems compliant with HIPAA, GDPR and related frameworks