We are looking for an experienced Director of Information Technology and Security to lead the delivery of a world-class IT service and security posture for Proximie globally. You’ll work with stakeholders across the company, delivering the mission-critical IT and security services necessary for Proximie to fulfil its mission to serve the surgeon, the patient, and our business partners.
Proximie is a distributed company, but you’ll be available in core UK working hours and available to travel to the office in Central London on a monthly basis, pandemic lockdowns permitting.
You will be managing and growing the team internationally and report to the CTO.
REQUIREMENTS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Own the internal IT function supporting Proximie globally
- Provide line management of all IT support engineers
- Oversee the management of the internal helpdesk
- Oversee the implementation and management of all internal IT and IT security measures
- Lead the implementation of IT compliance projects, i.e. SOC2
- Develop, communicate and maintain all IT policies and procedures
- Be the go-to authority on all IT matters related to security compliance audits and vendor assessments
- Develop and conduct internal IT training and awareness programs
- Provide security expertise and leadership as part of the technology leadership team
- Participate in the technology security leadership team
- Oversee the architecture, budget and technology selection for general IT and IT security requirements
- Be a hands-on leader, lead your team by example and action.
- Contribute to internal L2 and L3 support escalations.
- Engage with stakeholders across the business to understand requirements and efficacy of productivity tools and security controls.
- Partner effectively with other members of the Technology team to maintain and execute the highest standard of information security practices across IT and application architectures.
- Scale the IT team as requirements demand
- Ensure compliance with all global requirements, including GDPR and HIPAA
- Use metrics and data to influence decisions
- BSc in Computer Science, and/or relevant experience
- 8+ years of commercial experience delivering IT and internal security project and ongoing services
- 3+ years of experience managing 5 or more engineers
- Experience successfully implementing and delivering a SOC2 (or comparable) programme
- Experience in formal Secure SDLC techniques such as Risk Management and Compliance Audits
- Experience working in cross-functional and geographically dispersed teams
- Experience defining vision and strategy for an effective and secure information technology service
- Experience in HR responsibilities such as recruitment, 1 on 1s, task delegation
- Production experience with 1 or more of the following cloud providers: AWS, Oracle, or Azure
- Current on modern security working practices such as Zero Trust and DevSecOps
- ITIL, ITSM accreditation
- GDPR, HIPAA, ISO27000, HITRUST, FedRAMP and comparable accreditations
- MSCE Administration and Security accreditations
- Experience in Atlassian products (Jira, Jira Service Desk, Confluence, etc)
- 1+ years of experience in a start-up/scale-up environment
- Knowledge of the Military, NHS, and the healthcare IT market
- Experience managing firewalls, switches, WiFi & VoIP equipment
- Cloud certified in AWS, Oracle, or Azure