Proximie is looking for a Senior User Experience Designer to join our expanding design team and help deliver delightful experiences that transform the surgical landscape, empowering surgical communities worldwide. As a key member of the Proximie Product Department, you will be part of our growing UX team and collaborate across the business with Product Managers, Marketers, Software Engineers, Visual Designers, and other Experience Designers to advance the digital operating theatre. The ideal candidate should be exceptionally strong in User Experience Design and be passionate about understanding and designing for customer needs.
The company was founded in 2016 and currently operates out of three main hubs (UK, US and Middle East) with customers across the globe, from Australia to Peru, Japan to Kenya. Proximie recently cleared a remarkably successful series B funding round, and the company is growing fast. We are already over 100 individuals and are scaling the design team to meet the demand of our new product lines.
This role is based in central London. You will be encouraged to work remotely in the immediate term, then from 1 to 3 days in the office, once working patterns have been confirmed for the company.
REQUIREMENTS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conduct core UX initiatives such as workshops, usability testing, competitor audits, cultural probes, heuristic evaluations, task and workflow analysis, field studies, card sorting, etc. to inform your design decisions.
- Collaborate across all aspects of design to identify key user flows to serve as input to wireframes and testing with low and high-fidelity prototypes.
- Work with the engineering team to ensure that features and flows are implemented to deliver the best customer experience and drive consistency.
- Participate in design reviews presenting the various stages of design to key stakeholders
- Operate as part of a cross-functional team within an Agile environment.
- Validate your solutions against customer needs while communicating with engineering to make sure they are technically feasible.
- Drive efficiency throughout every stage of the design pipeline.
- Collaborate with Product Managers, Engineers, and other contributors to align the design vision to business goals.
- Be a key representative of Proximie Design and a champion for the value that design can add to meeting business goals
- Continually develop your skills and tooling to be at the forefront of User Experience design.
- Bachelors Degree in Industrial / Product Design, Interaction Design, Human-Computer Interaction, Behavioral Psychology, or related field.
- Experience working within an Agile process environment.
- A portfolio of UX design work that clearly shows experience with core job responsibilities and demonstrates your design thinking and process, which led to the final solution.
- Experience in presenting findings in a concise and clear manner.
- 4+ years of UX experience.
- Experience designing digital health, health tech, medical device, or digital surgery products.
- Experience designing for mixed reality and 3D.
- Knowledge of data privacy laws (especially GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation), HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability & Accountability Act)).
- Understanding the software development lifecycle from a non-coding point of view.
- Experience with data and analytics.
- Creative self-starter who can plan and prioritize independently
- A flexible individual with the ability to thrive in a fast-paced and often demanding startup environment.
- Friendly and trustworthy with the ability to build strong relationships with work colleagues, clients, and partners.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills when interacting across departments, seniority levels, and external partners.
- A person who promotes teamwork across a multi-disciplinary team.
- Well organized and pragmatic.
- Motivated by making a positive impact through their work.